If you are a frequent traveler in India and your major mode of transport is the Indian Railways than first and foremost problem is getting a confirmed ticket on the pick routes. In order to have a confirmed seat you would have to get the ticket before a month and a half almost. If you are getting an e-ticket than there is no issue of getting lost as you can get the print of the ticket any day any time.
But what if you are not going to issue an e-ticket? The first problem is standing in long queues for getting the ticket and after having got a ticket than it’s your responsibility to keep it to safe place so that it doesn’t get lost till your journey is happily ended.
By any chance you lost the ticket than you have to follow the process of getting a new one defined by the railways which I would like you to brief upon.
Things you should know are
- The name of the persons who are travelling on that ticket
- The other details of that individual (gender and age)
Things you should carry along with you
- A photo-id proof of all or any one person who is/are travelling on that ticket.
- Take the zerox copy of the photo id proof also.
- An application specifying issue of lost ticket which contains full details of the person(s) who are travelling on that ticket, the train name and number and date of journey. Be sure that you are not making the mistake on train name and date of journey.
- Don’t forget to write your permanent address on the application.
You will have to go to the main reservation counter near your place and there would a window which will accept this kind of request. Generally in my knowledge these issues are taken on window number 1.
Give your application form and the zerox copy of photo id proof to the in-charge over there. After that he would either verify it from the database that it’s the valid ticket. If found valid, he would give you another form for filling. and which would be signed and stamped by him. Than you have to take the signature of the railway station manger and return it back to him. After all these procedure he would be making an entry in his books of accounts for the lost ticket and than would give you a fresh one.
But do remember that for all these procedure he will prompt you regularly that the reissued ticket is confirmed or not. I don’t know why they are asking this and what’s the procedure for waiting seat lost ticket. And, main thing, the cost of the ticket would be Rs. 20/- for each passenger travelling on that ticket (as dated today).
More over, if you lost the e-ticket just before your journey, its bit simple as you just have to show your photo id proof and pay Rs. 50/-